Further information and useful links
- You can find an introduction to malaria and its treatment on the web pages of the CDC.
- There, you will also find maps that tell you in which countries to expect malaria and how malaria can be prevented by prophylactic drugs and by other measures.
- A short description of the disease is supplied by the Ferris State University.
- Photos of the malaria parasite and helpful hints of how do diagnose malaria can be obtained from the search engine Parasite Image Library by entering the search term "malaria".
- Information on current intervention strategies against malaria can be obtained from the pages of the WHO.
- To obtain a huge list of links to other malaria pages, go to geocities or to www.anopheles.org..
- Geographical distribution of malaria
about malaria vectors and other mosquitoes:
A. Spielman and M. D'Antonio:
"Mosquito. A Natural History of Our Most Persistent and Deadly Foe"
Hyperion. New York (2001).